Missions Month | November 5-18 “It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known…” (Romans 15:20). Friends, we’re excited to announce the events for our upcoming November Missions Month. Our theme this year is “Where Christ is Not Known”. As a church, we are committed to taking the Good News of Jesus to peoples and regions yet untouched by the gospel. Mark your calendars and join us for the following events that will enlarge our hearts and challenge us to join God in his mission to those who have little to no access to the life-giving water of the gospel across the globe.
International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
Sunday, November 5 | 4:00-5:30p
Kempsville Auditorium | 1244 Thompkins Ln, Virginia Beach
Join us as we gather to pray for our brothers and sisters around the world who face daily persecution as followers of Jesus. We will hear firsthand accounts of faith and courage in the midst of suffering from our special guests representing the Persecuted Church. Childcare is not provided for this event.
Friday, November 10
Kempsville Campus | 1244 Thompkins Ln, Virginia Beach
Doors open at 5:30p. See the event schedule below. The Global Gala is our premier event of Missions Month. Join us for an inspiring evening of worship, celebration, testimony, and vision as we gather with our global workers from around the world to receive a fresh call to make Christ known among the nations. Come early and stay late to connect one-on-one with our global workers at their display tables! This is a hors d’oeuvres/dessert event. Please eat dinner prior to coming. Gala Schedule:
- 5:30: Doors open to global worker exhibits. Come early to connect one-on-one with our missionaries at their display tables.
- 6:15: Doors open for table seating in the sanctuary. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so come early to reserve your space.
- 7:00-9:00: Gala program. Connect with global workers at their tables following the program.
Tickets: $15/adult; $5 for kids not in childcare; $120/table of eight. Space is limited, so reserve your seat today! Childcare is available for kids 10 and under with advance RSVP by Nov 3 at the time of ticket purchase. *International or business casual attire is encouraged. Questions? Contact us at [email protected].
Saturday & Sunday, November 11-12
- Global Worker “Meet & Greets” Saturday, 10:00a-5:30p; Sunday, 3:00-5:30p; Tuesday, 7:00-8:30p | Kempsville Campus “Meet & Greets” are small gatherings with individual global workers to hear personal and ministry updates.
- “Exploring the Missionary Call” Saturday afternoon, | Kempsville Campus Join a panel of our global workers to hear their personal journeys from the point of calling to serving full-time on the mission field. If you sense God calling you to serve long-term as a missionary, this event is for you. All are welcome!
- Weekend Services | All Campuses Our global workers will share at all campuses and services this weekend. You don’t want to miss this!
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].
Global Expeditions Extravaganza
Saturday, November 18
9:30a-12:00p | Deep Creek Chapel | 423 Shell Rd, Chesapeake
Join us for a fun-filled, inspiring preview of our 2024 short-term missions trips! A delicious breakfast is included. Tickets: $10/adult. Reserve your seat today! Childcare is available for ages 10 and below with advance RSVP by Nov 10 at the time of ticket purchase. Breakfast is NOT provided for children, so please feed your kids before you come. Questions? Contact us at [email protected].
Refugee Resettlement Interest Meeting
Sunday, November 19
3:00-4:30p | Kempsville campus
Join us as we learn from Myal Greene, President & CEO of World Relief (and NLC member) how members of New Life can be part of a team to assist and walk with refugee families as they resettle and establish new lives in our local community. Read more here about the Good Neighbor Team Program.